Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Holiday Message

In a world where Life seems to rush by,
Where time slips
like new shoes on a freshly waxed and beautiful wood floor
and
working through fear and regret
can be a full time job,

There is so very much for which to give thanks.

Thanks
For all the small, mundane opportunities to see the bright and laughable side of Life,
For the triumphs and seeming failures,
For the lens that looks back and forward with a panoramic view
- allowing learning rather than judgment,
For the changes that take place so slowly they are hardly recognizable
until a glance in the mirror reminds us that we have come from there to here;
through the sun showers and tsunamis, the droughts and sand storms.

Here, I stand, thankful
For the gentle spirits that lift me up
with their kind words
through phone lines,
on these blog pages and hand-in-hand.

Thankful for the joy and Love that only mothers know,
For the balance that accepts that other Loves may not be mine to cherish.

I am bursting full
of thanks

for this breath
and this breath
and the next;

Thankful that you

and I
are Life,
full of possibility;
we are a miniscule bit of a magnificent whole.



Have a wonderful meal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And thank you for people like you in our lives.I hope you and yours had a happy Thanksgiving. Be well,
J.

Anonymous said...

Have this picture of you dancing in front of a mirror in your bra and knickers and just laughing your ass off. It cheers me. Thanks for you.

aafrica said...

that's a beautiful poem. hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Lovely sentiments... I'm glad to see you are ok... it's been a while since I could blog and check up on everyone. God Bless!
Edie

Anonymous said...

It's December 2nd, and soon Christmas will be upon us. I wish you all the joy of this blissful season. Be well,
J.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for you, Gayle.
Still thinking of your friend daily, prayerful for strength and clarity for her. And for you, my friend.

Happy Holiday Season.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours a merry Christmas,
J.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you sounding good! I don't know about not being judgemental though; I find that it is one of my real great pleasures. How can one not notice when someone is a jerk - and how can one not treasure saying so? Another pleasure is watching you try to stuff down the odd snark that I can totally feel you trying to suppress at times. You know it's true...