Monday, January 19, 2009

Dreams

Many will write about how far this country has come as we celebrate the Life of one of the country's greatest leaders while simultaneously preparing to swear in our 1st black president. So, I will leave the theorizing to them.

I just want to acknowledge the power inherent in this week. Power for a seemingly powerless people; power that proves that no one of us is ever truly powerless.

I still have so many hopes and dreams for this Life of mine and today I can admit to that openly, freely. Today I can feel the power of dreams made real. Not wishes, which require little more than thought and luck. But dreams, those fields of energy that come from the soul, require work and sacrifice and a bit of luck, too. I must admit that I have confused the two in my lifetime and paid the price for my confusion.


Today though, dreams feel like an option. There is power surrounding us; it's in the charged air, the open hearts and the grateful souls that line the Mall in Washington, that sit in classrooms and in bars, that sing in choirs and with guitars in coffee houses; it's in the poetry that will be dedicated to this moment in time, to our moment in time.

Use that power while it is here, let it move through your Life. Get to work on your dreams. Right now.

3 comments:

Mojo said...

Amen sister! So beautifully said...

Mojo said...

PS - I linked to your beautiful post in my blog! You inspire me, my friend!

Love, Mj

Ryan said...

This is so beautifully said! Your posts are just so inspiring! Keep up the wonderful work!