Monday, March 23, 2009

Packing a Bag

I am in need of a vacation.

Needing a chance to unwind,
to breathe different air,
to forget the day-2-day stresses;
the drivers that slip precariously in front of me,
the co-workers who play politics like children playing dress up
or
the simple need to be in two places at once
with little possibility of relief.

A vacation is what I need...

Blue, blue waters reflecting a perfect sky
lots of warmth and lazy me
I suppose a little sightseeing just to say
I was there
But no more than my mindlessness is willing to tolerate.

I want to rock
slowly
with a good book
that makes me think-
or not-
drifting in a hammock
towards slumber;
waking in time for a swim
and a sensuous meal.

Oh,
my sweet,
I can smell it,
taste it,
almost touch it.

I

am

in

deep,

deep

need

of a vacation :-)

4 comments:

Mojo said...

I hope it comes soon!

Love, Mj xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking I need one too. Let's go to Jamaica! LOL

DavidShag said...

Me too. So true. Altho, frankly i would give up the sensuous meal and hammock (and even, if need be, the vacation itself)for a little - or better, a lot of something else sensuous and willing. I have no soul.

Anonymous said...

I have felt this way since Oct. 2006! - I would like to vacation from cancer!! - Or just vacation in general!!! ;)

I came to you thru the little black box and I am happy it brought me here. I'm following you now. Reading is a favorite past time that I am fortunate enough to still be able to enjoy.

Luv the blog!
Cheers!