Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Groovy, Baby

I'm feeling groovy today.

Groovy,
like the 59th Street Bridge song,
Sammy Davis, Jr.
or
Wes Montgomery when he was
Bumpin' on Sunset

I
am

in a
good groove.

Like I'm
inside my first new car;
(ROAD TRIP! )
sunroof open
stars overhead
night air blowing through
95 miles an hour
and
no flashing blue lights
concerned with my recklessness...
Groovy,
Groovy,
Groovy baby.

Every now and again
some stray melancholy thought
attempts to gain my attention
and sober me up.

But,

this rhythm is too hypnotic
the air too fresh
and colors too clear
for worrisome thoughts.
I leave them for another day,
some later day when
I have time for
mourning loss
or moaning stress.

Today, though,

is just too ripe,
with its clear blue sky;
its sunrise celebration
has left all the birds
chattering on about its beauty.

Today is too full
of the powerful sway of my hips
and the soulful song on my lips
as I take Center Stage
in my own Life.

Too perfect of a day
to spend any way
other than
heart open
mind clear
and
groovin'.

Peace and Love, y'all!

2 comments:

Mojo said...

I LOVE this! :-) Have an awesome day.... Love, Mj

Mojo said...

Hello Gayle! I wanted to let you know that I gave you a Friends award! I love your writing... Check out your award at www.oneyearinthemaking.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend...

Love, Mj