Friday, February 02, 2007

Changing my Mind

This morning I awoke earlier than usual; the sky was still black and I was sweating. The child wonder had crawled into my bed, hence the extra body heat.

Rather than be annoyed, like I normally would, I decided to practice my new way of thinking and gave thanks for such a wonderful and Loving daughter. I realized how much richer my Life is with her in it. With her dry wit, willingness to work hard and openness to the world around her, I have a glimpse into the world through the eyes of my child. There is no better view.

Turning onto my back, I took a few gentle breaths and closed my eyes. Letting my mind open to the vast space of no thought. I'm not sure when it happened, but I fell asleep and then found myself waking up again. I did one more round of that and bounced out of bed.

The old me would have chastised myself for not 'doing' the empty mind thing right. But, I'm on a new path. On this path all is well just as it is and I do what I do because I value doing it.

I think I was more focused at work and more aware of when I lapsed into negativity. I just changed my mind and moved on. It was great! I'm looking forward to discovering what will emerge after 6 months or a year of this. I have some things in mind and I'll share them with you in a bit.

Smile a big smile!!!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Thanks for the direction to your new digs.

Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

There is little that makes me happier than rolling over to feel one of my girls cuddling beside me...smelling that sweet smell of "mine"...waking up to find an embrace waiting for me, sleepy whispers of "I love you, Momma".