Thursday, February 01, 2007

Our thoughts and feelings create our world. I've been rolling this around on my tongue and through my mind over the past twenty years. It resonates with me, deeply. I can see the connectedness between my experiences and my feelings/thoughts. I am just beginning to find the pathway towards those experiences that I desire.

Focus on what you desire - easy to say, often hard to do. The immediacy of those things that irk me, those 'wrong' people, ideas and behaviors seem much easier to tap into than my aspirations. One step back.

So, I've decided to use my mind constructively, to float each morning in emptiness - the power of now at my disposal - and shed the 'stuff' that normally fills my brain upon waking. Instead I will think of nothing; live in the gap.


Then, I will consciously chose to live in the creation of my desires. Feel it, think it, know it, be it. One step forward.

New day, new way.

Love to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting you should be doing this, since a friend has been offering me the same advice because he thinks I'm going into meltdown, and need to do SOMETHING to get out of a spiral.

You are right in what you say, but I'm working through what it is that pins me to doing what I do rather than let it go. Because there is one. I'll keep reading. I know you are right.

Anonymous said...

"The Power of Now"...oh, Gayle. I so needed to see that, feel it in your thoughts. The idea just resonates so deeply within me, I feel like I've had an epiphany. Thank you so much, Teacher/Friend.

Love, love, love.