Thursday, June 07, 2007

The thing I love about blogging is the way you can connect to people who you may never meet in the flesh, never hold them through their tears or know the sound of their laughter. And yet, you do and know all those things and more; there are so many intimacies that we share with one another until we feel like friends.

When a friend goes off for awhile we are usually happy for them and look forward to hearing their adventure when we visit their space. Maybe it will take a month or two, but we continue to check back (like so many of you have here) and then smile deeply when they drop by or leave a new picture or share some good (or bad) bit in which they are immersed.

So far, I've had the experience of being afraid for two of my blogger friends (at different times); afraid that they are on thinning ice and the heat is turned up. I'm in that state today because a friend's blog reads of chemicals and disappearing and tiredness. When I visit my friend's blog I can feel how tired he is. You know that space that is beyond exhaustion, where everything seems futile? Maybe you don't know, maybe you are lucky, but he's there and I made an unplanned trip to that space once.

There is nothing I can do to support my friend's safety. I have no phone number, no address, no way to drive by and check on him. I'm not even sure where he lives outside of cyberspace.


If he should, by chance, stop by and read this I want him to know that I am thinking of him and sending Love straight to his heart, that it's ok if everything falls apart, sometimes that's what a Life needs. I want this sweet man to know that there is Life on the other side of complete and utter emptiness, on the flip side of loneliness. On this rapidly spinning ball of dirt, we come to know that it's that very dirt that makes up the fertile ground of Life.

Stand up! I want to shout it at him. I want to wake him up and force him to choose Joy. But it doesn't work that way and I know it. So, I just want him to know that I care for him and have him in my thoughts. I am sending all the energy I can to him so he can find his footing on a good path.

r ddeisyf chan 'm asgre atat 'm anwylyd
The wish of my heart to you 'm anwylyd'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, and if we have the same person in mind, I hope our teacher friend on the other side of the pond reads your words. Be well,
J.

aafrica said...

hi Gayle, hope all is well. i've not been around very often lately. i've taken down my blog to by-invitation only b/c of a minor unpleasantry a little while ago. i'd really like to invite you, and if you don't mind, please send me an email (SantaFeBlue@gmail.com). thanks.

i do hope your friend will spirit up soon.