Saturday, June 16, 2007

Summer Starts

Thanks to all who expressed concern re: my blogger friend. I think he is moving forward, but so little is sure. Anyway, he knows he always has a shoulder here.

Life seems to be puttering along. Work is very busy and I am career planning. Lately, it seems that I am being given more exposure and am rising to the occasion. Teammates seek my advice and thank me after they take it. The boss displays new levels of confidence in my abilities. Which, has its good and bad side.

Those of you who have been a friend for a while may understand my mixed feelings when I tell you this next bit of news. It has been announced that the manager who tormented me and enjoyed it has been given her walking papers - rather cruelly, too.

She was not only told she didn't have a job, but was made to host the 8th Annual Big Deal Gathering of Leaders. So, there she was with a smile frozen on her face, shaking hands and trying to be witty when on the microphone. Everyone knew she was out and I heard a few comments that were less than kind.

Now, don't get me wrong, she deserved her exit papers. But, it was still sad to watch another human be brought so low. And, so you know the whole truth, you can also find me with a smile on the edges of my lips when I think about it. There is a sweet satisfaction in witnessing the go around, come around.

With that, summer is progressing nicely. The girl child is playing tennis and then will enjoy soccer and debate camps before the end of the season. Somedays I wish I was in camp. Doesn't that sound nice?

Be well, relax and have a little summer fun for me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is too short not to have a little summer for yourself :-)
Be well,
J.

Anonymous said...

hey there Gayle.its been a while since i got here.so long that you got yourself a new home. anyways your new space looks wonderful.

i can well imagine what you must feel. im int he middle of something myself and it isnt fighting for what youbelieve in and watch people who do wrong get away with it. i try hard nto to think bad thoughts for the person. but sometimes my mind wanders and i want justice so damn badly i know im wishng what goes around comes around. yeah then i prya at night god please let these thoughts not come to my mind. but honest gayle for those few minutes even if only inmy mind revenge tastes sweet.

Anonymous said...

sorry the anonymous was me i couldnt figure out how to leave my name now im hoping i have.

Anonymous said...

Gayle,
I remember that horrid woman, and I could feel my lips twitch just a bit at the news that she was let go. That she was further humiliated...no. That's awful. Did she deserve the comeuppance? Certainly. Will it probably do her any good? One can only hope she learns. I'm sorry to say I don't think she'll learn anything from it, it will only make her more hateful and bitter...public humiliation so seldom makes us humble.

I'm simply grateful for your sake that she is gone, Gayle.
Much love to you and CHUD.

Anonymous said...

If God had not meant us to curl our lips slightly when he opens up a can of whoop-ass on somebody, he wouldn't have given us so delicious a word as "schadenfeude."