Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Summer Fun and Ego Stroke

I am having a great time this week! I'm hanging out with my old business partners running a leadership institute in Indianapolis and I feel fully and completely myself. I'm grounded, in my zone and fully present to the moment at hand. What a gift!

This is the second year I have worked the Institue and I am always awed by the magic created with/by this work. The Institute is for women who have been identified as leaders in a primarily male work environment. These ladies are confident, intelligent and capable. They have the stuff many mothers want for their adult daughters - the ability and skills to lead the full and accomplished life of their choosing.

The ladies represent a spectrum of backgrounds: marital status, age, socio-economic background, sexual orientation, educational institutions - you name it and it's probably represented. They delight my heart and Spirit because I see such beauty and power in them. It is a joy to have those two particular characteristics in combination around me.

They are also good for my sense of self. In the past two days I have been honored for my ability to listen and coach, as an author and as a facilitator. It is so nice to live this part of myself, it's like a vacation!

Gotta run as we are meeting and I'm late. The guys above are Naturally 7 - if you have never heard them, click the arrow and enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its always nice to get a few strokes :-) Be well,
J.

Anonymous said...

So so happy to see YOU feeling happy and joyful in your person and in your work, Gayle. I haven't felt this from you in quite a while. NOW I recognize you, woman!!!

Anonymous said...

What is more awesome to feel you belong amongst a group that you like, who like you, and whom you admire? Wow. I am a pallid dull green with envy (I don't have the energy for something brighter). I really like the singers; I just had my first subway ride and thought there was nothing like them ON the train, there was a tuly fine duo playing some of that sort of El Condor Pasa type music in a station with a flute-type thing and some other instrument which I have already forgotten. I love when I encounter something like that in my day-o-day.