Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Off to Another Conference

Well, I'm in beautiful Chicago and I think I'm in Love.

Years ago, the woman who hired me for my first position in banking, told me that Chicago was a lot like New York City. In fact, she said it was the only city that had enough tall buildings to compete with NY and real heart and soul like NY too.

This is my first visit to Chi-town and I feel like I'm at home. Although the names are all wrong - like Wabash (??) the energy really is the same. I keep seeing familiar scenes; it looked like Park Ave was plopped right in the middle of Chicago as our taxi passed along one street.

Tomorrow I want to walk down by the water - it's one thing I miss while living inland, as I do.

NOW, I know when you take on a new Lover you are not supposed to keep gushing about how much they remind you of the one you left. But, I'm not ashamed to say I miss NYC sometimes - miss the smell, the rhythm and the look of my hometown.

Yep, I'm in Love with a new city - Chicago. But, New York will always be my first...


No comments: