Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Soul Survivor

Well, it's been awhile and aside from working like a slave (hard and without remuneration beyond basic needs) I haven't had time to do much. Most days when I was dragging myself home, I could get myself pepped-up and pumped by some of my new music.

Here is where the womanchild enters the scene - most of the songs/artists were her suggestions!


Now that may seem reasonable but we have very different tastes. Babygirl likes here hipitty hopitty thump and bump music. So, for us, it shows either a real sense of maturity in her taste in music or a loss of standards on my part. I tend to like music with feeling, meaning and complexity. I can't say every song I've been jamming to lately has all 3 qualities but, 2 out of 3 ain't bad and a few have them all.

So here goes my hit list:

Dave Mathews Band - Shake Me Like A Monkey
Dave Mathews Band - Funny The Way It Is
Dave Mathews Band - Laying In The Hands of God
Kris Allen - Heartless
Parachute - Back Again
Parachute - The Mess I Made
Parachute - Blame It On Me
Pink - Sober
The Script - We Cry
The Script - Breakeven
Adele - Right As Rain
Beyonce - Halo (I find myself singing this and enjoying the feel of it)

I hope there's good music in your world, keeping you sane, moving you forward, bringing you pleasure.

Here's to next week and having something to write about!

1 comment:

DavidShag said...

I don't think we have quite the same taste in music (although I agree on your 3 requirements), but I gotta say music is one of the things that make me happiest. And I saw Kris Allen on the Idols Tour a couple of weeks ago - he did a cover of Arcade Fire's "All These Things that I Have Done" which was fantastic. His performance of all his songs was joyous and exuberant - although I am an Adam fan through and through, I was blown away by Kris as a performer. After seeing him live, I am far more reconciled to his win this year on Idol.