Tuesday, August 05, 2008

God?

They say that He is the Loving God

Even though He strikes and smites

And if you have doubts you’re a sinner

Who’ll lose eternal Life

But I really don't like bullies,

Despots, tyrants or shrews

Who tell me there’s a toll to pay

For what I can and cannot do


I think folks have it all wrong

Love doesn’t operate from fear

It fills your heart with wonder

And demonstrates its care

So, keep your God, I believe I’ll pass

Until some changes are made

A little less death and destruction

A balance of sun and shade


For now, I’ll look in the mirror

When I want to cast some blame

Or at my fellow humans who commit

Horrors better left unnamed

And when this Life is over

I know not what will be

But I will have done the best I could

And that’s good enough for me

No comments: